Friday, May 9, 2008

Autism Walk- May 3rd

Last Saturday our family participated in Utah's Walk Now for Autism walk. It was a great experience and very exciting to see the outpouring of support from family and friends. I personally would like to thank all of you who donated to our team and let you know I appreciate your support.
My sister's three older boys have autism and she wanted our entire family to participate. So our team consisted of her family, my family, my brother and his family and my mom and dad. We also had a friend of my sister and I growing up who joined our team and ended up raising alot of donations through her work. I am very proud of my sister and all she does to take such good care of her boys. She is very involved in their education and doing what is best for them.
We had a great time at the walk and were amazed at the very large turn out seeing as this is the first year the walk has taken place in Utah. After the walk my dad took us all to Hires for a fun lunch. It was a really good day and I appreciate the opportunity my family and I had to learn and grow from it. I hope to see us make this a yearly tradition.

No comments: